This is probably one of our top 5 favorite dishes in our house. My mom has made these little hens ever since I can remember. They are so good, healthy and easy to make. It’s a no-brainer recipe!
What ya need:
- 2-4 cornish hens (each person gets a half so we only cook 2, but for more people cook more)
- Morton’s Nature Seasons Seasoning Blend
- Spray Pam
What ya do:
- Heat oven to 375.
- Spray a casserole dish with Pam lightly.
- Wash and pat dry your hens (we cut ours in half after they’re cooked – easier that way)
- Liberally sprinkle the seasoning blend all over the hen – front, back, sides, and inside
- Lay hens down and cover in 2 strips of bacon each.
- Place foil over the casserole dish and place in oven for 45 minutes on 375.
- After 45 minutes is up remove the foil and crank the oven to 400 and bake another 15 minutes. The extra temperature makes the bacon super crispy.
That’s it folks! Super easy. This pairs perfectly with wild rice and our garlic herb green beans.