So, this is another one of my mom’s recipe’s. I couldn’t tell you where she got this from, but its so good and easy to make. Even my pickiest eater, the little guy, asked for seconds on this one! He devoured the shrimp like crazy!
What ya need:
- 1.5 lbs of fresh, peeled, de-veined shrimp
- 1 yellow onion – chopped
- 1 container – cherry tomato’s, cut in half
- 1 can – cut up artichokes
- 1 bag – baby spinach
- 3 – 4 tbsp – garlic herb butter (I use Land O’Lakes)
- 2 tbsp – lemon olive oil
- lemon pepper seasoning
- whole wheat linquine or thin spaghetti pasta
What ya do:
- Generously sprinkle lemon pepper seasoning all over the shrimp and set aside.
- In skillet, add butter, lemon olive oil and chopped onion on medium heat and saute till onion’s are translucent.
- Start cooking pasta. I’m not much of a pasta person myself and could have eaten this dish without any pasta and been just fine. The pasta really doesn’t add anything to me, but if you’re a fan go for it.
- Once onions are translucent add shrimp and saute till pink.
- Once shrimp are cooked turn skillet to low and add baby spinach, tomato’s and artichokes. You may need to add a little more oil and I sprinkled a little more lemon pepper seasoning.
- Stir until the spinach is wilted.
- If adding pasta you can add the cooked and drained pasta into the skillet with the rest of the mixture or scoop your mixture on to pasta on your plate. Or leave the pasta out all together for a low carb option.